Working out who does what in Victoria’s legal sector can be mind-boggling, particularly if you’ve never had a legal problem or are trying to use the legal system for the first time.
What is VCAT? And why are there different courts? Where do laws come from? Do they change? What’s the constitution got to do with it? And what’s the difference between solicitors and barristers?
We aim to answer these questions and many more in our latest booklet Victoria’s Legal System. Because we know that if you have a legal problem, knowledge is power.
It’s an excellent little booklet (if we do say so ourselves!), and here are some reasons why.
- It’s free. That’s right, free.
- It explains which laws apply in Victoria.
- It’s explains who’s who in the legal sector.
- It’s the first plain language guide to the legal system in Victoria (we know, hard to believe we’re breaking new ground here).
- It’s clear and easy to understand.
- It features this handy diagram of who does what in Victoria’s legal sector.