Victoria Law Foundation helps Victorians to understand the law and their legal system. We do this in many ways:
- we publish free information about the law and the legal system,
- we engage the community in discussions and debates about the law during Law Week in May,
- we take representatives from the judiciary and the legal sector into schools in regional and rural areas to help students better understand the law and the legal system,
- we fund legal projects that benefit Victorians, and
- we support organisations to provide better legal information and services through our grants and publishing programs.
All of this work is underpinned by a commitment to making legal information easy for all Victorians to find, understand and use. We know from our own work and from work being carried out in other countries that plain language legal information is crucial to breaking down many of the barriers that prevent people from accessing legal help or making informed choices about the way they live.